Chicago Austin Youth Travel Adventures, NFP is starting our journeys to West Africa to the following cities of Ghana. Accra, Elmina, Kumasi and Akosombo, to name a few. All of our journeys are open to everyone.
Payment Plans are available.
Proceeds from these journeys are donated to travel and learn scholarships for youth in our program.
WONDERFUL ADVENTURE TO THE MOTHERLAND. CUSTOMIZED FOR YOUR DATES
SPACE IS LIMITED SO HURRY
Chicago Austin Youth Travel Adventures helps kids from underserved communities explore the world right here at home through our cultural travel and learn program to museums and events. Our discoveries of world cultures and black history right here at home then connecting to the motherland, will help youth and families learn together. Our journey is a combination of volunteerism, adventure and history.
You can also customize our journeys for your organization or school. Please contact Crystal Dyer at 773.417.8808 for details. We offer budget, moderate and luxury tour options.
The tours include a visit to the castles where our ancestors were held as prisoners of war and shipped throughout the Americas and world as chattel for centuries of brutal slavery. Ghana was a major hub for the human trafficking of Africans who were enslaved.
OTHER POINTS OF INTEREST INCLUDED IN TOUR PACKET:
- Tour in ACCRA: Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park, Osu Light House, WEB Dubois and beach
- Tour in EASTERN REGION: Aburi Botanical Gardens, Boti Waterfalls, Umbrella Rock, and 3-Headed Palm Tree
- Tour in KUMASI: National Cultural Centre, Manhyia Museum, Kejetia Market (seamstresses will hand sew garments for you if you like)
- Tour in CAPE COAST: Cape Coast Castle, Elmina Castle, Kakum National Park and the Beach
- Tour Tamale: Safari and Larabanga Mosque in the northern region
- Trip to rural areas to participate in volunteer activities
- NAMING CEREMONY: You will receive an African name
*Fees include coach airfare from Chicago, all taxes, transportation to points of interest, tour site fees, hotel accommodations 4 star/ taxes, airport arrival/departure transport. There are some venues that may require limited walking. However, Ghanaians walk alot!!
Upgrades to first-class airfare and 4-star hotel properties are available.
*Average weather in Ghana is around 70 - 82 degrees